Sunday, August 31, 2008

Tired as a cat...

Peace be upon you,

So this was the first week of school for me and Tuesday will be the first day of teaching 5th grade. I'm already tired and drained from my own classes and preparing lesson plans and trying to figure out how to teach 30 some kids. :( anybody have any advice or ideas for fun engaging lesson plans?

Argh!!! Rawr!!!

but i am excited though... and i anytime i hear of great scholars , or listen to lectures of my teachers I always get encouraged by the tremendous sacrifices they made for this deen. Truly it is because of their sweat and sacrifice that we are Muslims today.

One thing in particularly that encourages me up is Silent Sunlight the one with Dawood Wharnsby from The Prophets Hands. It never fails to inspire me to get up and do somethings, i dont know, it kind of reminds me of my purpose as a slave of God.

But the lyrics are by Yusuf Islam (formerly known as Cat Stevens.) Man i love that guy. He is one for the best nasheed artist around. I just found out that one of his songs ( Dont be shy) was a soundtrack for Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium. Thats crazy.

May Allah (swt) reward everyone who has contribute to this deen and encouraged others to contribute.

~ Peace till next time… MoCo

No comments: