Sunday, August 30, 2009

The 99

Peace be upon you,

Recently I have been hearing about a Muslim superhero comic book series called The 99. Its about a group of people who receive or stumble across gems which give them superhuman powers that also coincide with the 99 attributes of Allah (swt).

I haven't read the copy yet but I'm quite excited about the idea of a comic book influenced by Arab-Islamic culture. Although, the idea of humans with attributes of Allah (swt) strikes me as border-line shirkh. Yes, it is true there are some attributes of Allah which humans can encompass to a degree, but the personification as superpowers does not still well with me.

Any way they have a free copy available for download on their website The 99.



~ Peace till next time...MoCo

2 comments:

Fahim kamran mirza said...

mashallah you are doing a good job from this i got many things to learn so i could bring up the research on my site

http://www.learningquranonline.com


and find and learn what people say about different things keep it up

Anonymous said...

cool. I didn't know there was a muslim comic book out there. I love that you're studying middle east history. I just came across your blog today. Are you from that area? I'm studying international affairs with a muiddle east concentration and learning arabic! I can't wait to read more posts.